Summer means grilling. And grilling for me always means one company, Char-Broil. I’ve been a Char-Broil customer now for years they produce great long lasting products. Recently I got to try the Char-Broil TRU-Infrared™ Commercial Gas Grill™, let me tell you, it’s awesome.
The grill has a sleek stainless steel look that is still rugged. The other cool thing about this grill is that it has a gauge that actually lets you see how much fuel you have in your propane tank. That way if you’re about to have a big party, you’re not going to have that “oh crap” moment when you realize there’s no gas in your tank. You can find these awesome grills at Lowe’s stores all across the country.
The Char-Broil TRU-Infrared™ Commercial Series™ Gas Grill is perfect for a chicken slider, why? Because you quickly build a piping hot flame with little effort, and from there you get an even heat that cooks your meat perfectly. And once more on top of that you can control your cooking temperature with just the twist of a knob. Controlling your cooking temperature is critical to creating a perfect meal. The Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Commercial Gas Grill uses way less gas than a regular gas grill, the infrared system spreads the heat evenly without using as much gas. I wanted to make something that truly encompasses what makes the Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Commercial Gas Grill great.
This Korean Barbecue Chicken Slider is one for the ages; I used cooling Asian coleslaw that accents this delicious spicy chicken thigh slider. I used a chicken thigh because it stays juicy rather than a chicken breast which can dry out quickly.
What truly knocks this chicken thigh out of the park is the spicy Korean barbecue sauce that I’ve crafted for this slider. This sauce is like heaven, sweet and spicy heaven.
The brioche bun that I served with this chicken thigh is delicious and provides great vessel for this spicy chicken. This slider is so addicting, you won’t be able to eat just one. Plus this is way better than typical barbecue chicken; this spicy Korean barbecue sauce is fun and original.
Recipe- Spicy Korean Barbecue Chicken Thigh Slider
- 1lb of Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh
- ¼ Cup of Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup of Sriacha Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Red Pepper paste
- 2 Tbsp. Fish Sauce
- ¼ Cup of Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tsp. Fresh Grated Ginger Coleslaw
- 2 Cups of Coleslaw Mix
- 2 Tbsp. Mayo
- ¼ Cup of Rice Wine Vinegar
- Mix all of the ingredients other than the chicken thigh together in a mixing bowl.
- Spoon 2 or 3 tablespoons onto the chicken thighs in a mixing bowl and marinate for a few hours. You can make your coleslaw ahead of time, just mix the mayo, vinegar, and coleslaw together and set aside.
- When you’re ready to cook the chicken, heat the rest of the sauce in a saucepan until it comes to a gentle boil.
- Grease your grill grates by rubbing some cooking oil onto a paper towel and then rubbing that onto the grates.
- Heat your grill so it’s very hot, and then place your chicken thighs onto the grill.
- Grill the first side for 5 minutes; if you try to pull it off prematurely the chicken thigh will stick to the grill grates.
- Flip the chicken and then begin applying coats of the sauce to the chicken.
- Cook the other side for 3 minutes, then flip again, applying more sauce.
- Once each side has nice grill marks on it, reduce the heat, and continue you to apply the sauce to both sides.
- You want a thick coat of glaze on the chicken.
- Its okay if a little bit of the sauce burns as it will create a nice caramelized flavor on the slider.
- Once the chicken is cooked and well glazed, remove the chicken from the grill.
- Butter your brioche buns and either heat them on the grill or in the oven so they become nice and warm.
- Then it’s time to assemble your slider, put your coleslaw on the bun and then top it with the chicken.
- Finally the most important step, to enjoy this delicious chicken!!